- These shoes were shaped over a Barrie last and run one half size larger than regular US sizes.
Founded in Massachusetts by Charles H. Alden in 1884, the Alden Shoe Company is now in its fourth generation and is the oldest shoemaker in New England (we've been long-time fans of its craftsmanship and attention to detail). They handcrafted these bluchers, or wing tips, in genuine shell cordovan leather—known for its shiny finish, durability and flexibility, it requires a time-consuming production method, but the result is a far superior leather. They're finished with a Goodyear welt, which means you can resole them again and again for a lifetime of wear.
- Horween Chromexcel shell cordovan leather upper.
- Reinforced metal eyelets.
- Double leather outsole.
- Goodyear welt construction.
- When cleaning, apply a cordovan-specific No 8 wax.
- Made in the USA.
- Item 26508.