Rated 2 out of 5 by ladylady completely faded after one wash
I was so excited to get these jeans, and they totally met my expectations until I washed them. Before the wash, they were perfect, deep black color, stretchy, etc. After the wash, I can hardly tell the difference between these and another pair of black jcrew jeans that I've had for 3+ years. They are completely faded looking, not crisp, deep black color anymore. Also, I have another pair of toothpick jeans with this same problem: the waist band is always folding over when I sit down. They're not too small, I think the fabric is just too flimsy or something. Drives me nuts.
October 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anne128 length is off!
I love J. Crew's new toothpick fit. It is super flattering and comfortable! However, the length seems to be all over the place. I own a pair of the Miller wash and they are the perfect length for me (I'm 5'3), but the toothpick in black is a completely different, shorter length. I've been to multiple stores and tried on multiple different pairs, but always with the same result. I even pointed it out to a salesperson and she agreed. I noticed that the black toothpick is made in China, while most of the other blue toothpick rinses are made in Mexico. Could there be a discrepancy between factories? J. Crew, please standardize the lengths!
August 28, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by CLMC Wish I could return these
Some friends and I ordered these pants around the same time. After a couple wears, we all have the same complaints: they stretch out 1-2 sizes (even if you break the cardinal rule of denim and put them in the dryer) and fade a couple shades. The result is dumpy looking pants that don't flatter. I own several pairs of toothpicks, but I think these were my last.
October 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by CBumblebee Ho-Hum
- Length was excellent (I am 5'1" and the "ankle" length fit me like regular pants).
- The waist came up quite high on me, but I am quite petite. Nonetheless it did seem disproportionately high when compared with the length of the pant.
- For such a high-priced item I was disappointed in the quality. Did not feel or look any nicer then a pair of jeans from any teeny bopper store that my sister would shop at.
- The leg had a lot of give but the waist/thigh area was stiff. Very uncomfortable!
- I kept finding little threads sticking out here and there.
- They attract lint like nobody's business.
- Ordered a 25 in these and a 25 in the Toothpick jean deconstructed miller wash. LOVE the miller fit, but these did not fit the same. As another reviewer mentioned, the fit lacks consistency.
Overall, nothing special. Certainly not worth the price.
September 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ss86 Toothpick jean in black
I purchased these last year and was disappointed by how much the fabric faded after one wash. I was hopeful that this issue had been corrected over the past year, so i gave it another try. I was delighted to see that this time around there was no fading at all! I love these jeans, and would absolutely recommend them to anyone. They do fit with more of an ankle length, which i personally prefer, but others may not
November 12, 2014