Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5 out of 5 by lamerp Perfect Summer Dress!
Love everything about this dress. It fits in all the right places, is feminine, causal for the weekend and professional for work. I bought the light grey which can be "livened up" with many colors. I wish the navy weren't sold out in my size. A great basic staple!
May 30, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by lucianne very nice dress
Beautifully made perfect fit exactly the right length and lovely fabric. I decided not to keep it because I didn't need another sleeveless dress and this wouldn't work well under a sweater. I really do wish someone at I crew would notice that very many women do NOT have lovely arms. Sleeveless and those silly capped and goofy shoulders really are embarrassing on an awful lot of people. What's wrong with sometimes just a simple short or elbow length???.
June 6, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Beesmall Full skirt yay/what is up with finish?
First the good: it is such a relief to have a 00P-0P petite work day-dress that is not a sheath or super fitted style. If you spend long days at work, it is not fun to be stuck in a pencil bottom all day. More work dresses with a full or A-line lower half please.
Then alas the disappointing: what is going on with J Crew finish? Some items have impeccable finish, others like this dress are just sloppy. The buttons are sewed on so poorly – if I was able to attach photos I would – the thread does not match the navy of the dress or the dark color of the button, the inside placket threads on each button have a different finish, sloppy with loose ends. The sleeveless armhole seams are puckered. The “Super 120 “ wool does not look or feel like the “Super 120” I see on my suits and suit pants (circa 2013, 2014) – the weave seems more coarse, the wool is itchier. It seems closer to the coarser weave on the wool Schoolboy blazer (2014).
June 25, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by edaja Not everything it could be
- classic cut and style. Drapes well.
- great for casual wear or casual office environment
- material is nice and has weight but not feeling too heavy.
- dress is unlined. You'll need to wear a slip underneath unless you trust the sun won't shine through the dress when standing in an office tower backed against a window.
- the assembly isn't great. I'm not a fan of exposed stitching because this makes the dress more casual and less office appropriate. Exposed stitching is especially apparent on the perimeter of the collar and how the front pockets are attached to the dress.
- not appropriate for client facing, however it is appropriate for work socials and outings, and weekends working at a conservative office.
August 11, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katya Love everything about this dress!
It is a perfect wear to work dress. Looks great with white plimsolls or sneaker. Fabric is a thin wool and not too warm to wear in summer. I usually wear size 4 in every other brand, bought this dress in navy size 2 and it fits perfect in all places.
August 24, 2016